21 Ideas for Mommy and Me Activities -Little Big People Mommy and Me Activities
- Little Lattes – Sometimes it’s just fun to go on a coffee date with your child. Grab a comfy chair in your local Starbucks, order up Mommy and Me lattes (caffeinated for mommy, Kid Hot Chocolate for the little one) and watch the world go by.
- Breakfast for Lunch – Who doesn’t love pancakes for lunch? Grab a counter seat at your local diner for a special Mommy and Me lunch!
- Daytime Movie Night – Break out the popcorn and the pillows and set up a special daytime movie night. Who says watching movies all day is just for when you are sick? Perfect for random rainy days when you are stuck inside.
- Crafty Creative Mommy and Me Activities -Finger (and Toe) Painting – Get on your best WORST clothes, let them dip their fingers and toes in every color of the rainbow, and splat and walk your way to a Mommy and Me masterpiece.
- Trace Shapes – Gather bits and bobs from the kitchen cupboard, the backyard or the craft drawer. Place under a piece of paper and color to bring out the shape and texture.
- Everything AND The Kitchen Sink – What do you put in the craziest mud pie ever? Everything AND the kitchen sink, of course! Make it up, mix it up, and bake it – just probably don’t eat it!
- Out and About Mommy and Me Activities-Zoo Animal Find – Go on a Safari at the zoo! All you need is a map, binoculars and a notebook to record your discoveries.
- Picnic in the Park – Find a tree (near a playground, of course), and pull up a blanket and a picnic basket. Why is it that everything tastes so much better out of tiny containers?
- Photography – Want to know how kids see the world? Give them a camera and ask them to take pictures of whatever they think is interesting.
- Fun Fitness Mommy and Me Activities-Stroller-cise – It’s win-win – baby gets a bouncy ride (one that will probably put him or her to sleep) and mommy gets a bit of exercise. Gather a group of mommy friends and start a Stroller-Derby!
- Yoda in the Park (oops Yoga!) – Think matching Mommy and Me mats and plenty of giggles as you attempt Downward Facing Toddler!
- Bike Run – Child on bike. Mommy running alongside. It won’t take more than a few outings for mommy to get back in shape!
- Love of Learning Mommy and Me Activities-Library Reading Time – Find out if one of your local libraries has a special kids-only reading corner for hosting school groups and reading times. Some of the specialist memories start in the simplest places (like Pooh’s Corner).
- I Spy at the Museum – Find the hidden treasures in works of art by playing “I Spy” at your local museum. Can you find the undiscovered snowman in the classic Monet?
- Behind the Scenes – Get a behind the scenes look at what’s going on around your city. Find a safe vantage point to watch Mighty Machines in action.
- Mommy’s Helper Mommy and Me Activities-Cooking Show – Gather up the ingredients, pre-measure into small bowls and play cooking show, explaining the cooking process and letting the kids do the pouring and mixing.
- Decorate the House – Add a seasonal touch by getting a little help creating and placing seasonal decorations. Fall leaves, winter snowmen, spring flowers and summer fruit!
- Mini Shopping – Visit your local grocery store, grab a mini cart and a pint-sized list and let your little helper play grown-up and doing the grocery shopping!
- Favorite Memories Mommy and Me Activities-Scrapbooking – Pick your favorite pictures, artwork and mementos and assemble into a “Made by Me” scrapbook.
- Work of Art – Tape a one-inch border around card stock or matte board cut to fit your favorite picture frame and add paint, creative child and you have an instant masterpiece for your walls!
- Growth Charting – All you need is a blanket strip of paper, a wall and stickers to mark the spot. For an extra special touch, add little finger and toe prints!
Mommy and Me time is all about spending time with your child – learning, growing and sharing those special moments. It’s not as important what you do – just that you take the time to do it!